Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Hit the Rewind Button and Start Over!!!

6 Days until Christmas!!! I'd love to hit the rewind button and start this whole holiday season over. Believe me, people, I'd say no to a few things, slow way down, and actually enjoy the season for a change.

Okay, so this time of year is insane!!!!

Anyone else unable to keep up with everything???

I mean, I haven't written anything other than a new synopsis since Thanksgiving. I've done a few critiques for my CP's and sort of figured out my next book, but I haven't maintained any sort of "normal" writing schedule whatsoever. Heck, I haven't maintained a normal schedule, period. Forget the gym. Haven't seen the inside of that in a couple weeks. And believe it or not, I actually enjoy that. Emily has a ball in the playroom, and I get to chat with my girlfriend and listen to my i-pod while sweating off stress with no one saying "mommy, mommy, mommy!" Sigh. Can't see myself getting back to that until Jan 2nd!

I feel like Christmas has just apeared out of nowhere. I didn't bake cookies this year, haven't done a lot of the things I normally do, and am just beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We've had so many parties to go to, and school functions to attend, the traditions have gone right out the window.

Holidays have become less fun for me, and so much more stressful. I can't seem to keep up. The lists for "santa" change daily. The feeling of "Okay, I have to stop. I can't afford to buy any more" combats with "Wow, that doesn't look like much. We need more under the tree." And then there's "Holy cow, did we forget so and so?"

We still have two more christmas parties, then christmas eve at my brother's and christmas day at my in-laws, New Years, so I still have to figure out what I'm going to bring to everything, shop for it, make it.....AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! It never ends.

Can you tell I'm overwhelmed!

All I can say is I can't wait until January 2nd, and that's sad. Holidays shouldn't be like this. Forget enjoying shopping, wrapping, etc. I love that we both have big families and we are close to both our families, and we have lots of friends we enjoy (though sometimes it's hard to please everyone when deciding who you spend what with), but sometimes, I'd like to just take my husband and kids and take off alone to just relax.

Now THAT would be an enjoyable holiday!!!

So please don't think I've forgotten my blogger friends. I'd give anything to blog and write everyday, but until the holidays are over, that ain't happenin;)))

Anyone else feeling the stress? Anyone else longing for normalcy??

I feel like I'm living a Seinfeld epidsode, only in this case it's, "Kari is getting upset" instead of "George is getting upset". So get off the crazy train and take a moment to enjoy what the holidays are supposed to be about. At least, that's what I'm going to do.

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry things are not going so well. Try to relax a little and watch the wonder in the little kids..that is what makes it all the more fun.

Hope it gets better.

Anonymous said...

That's exactly what you should do, Kari! Good thing you realized that you need to take a minute to enjoy yourself 6 days before Christmas! I say let the stress go and have a good time! I realized a long time ago that although I appear to everyone around me to be this wonderful, fabulous, together woman who can do it all... (Okay I had to stop and laugh at that one... Okay still laughing... Sheesh, couldn't even type that with a straight face...) Alright. I'm back. Anyway, even though I apear that way, *chuckle* I can't do everything. And I can't be everything to everyone. Life is short. Have fun!

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Thanks. That's exactly why I took a moment to blog today. I turned on music, my daughter was occupied for once, and then I sat down with a diet pepsi and blogged. It's not much, but it was something non christmas related, just for me.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you 100%

My parents are unhappily divorced.... Splitting the time up gets tedious.

Forget rewinding the holidays... anyone have a fast forward button!

cubmommy said...

Last year we stayed home for Christmas(our families live 6 hours away in the same town)and it was the best Christmas ever. There was no stress. We had pizza for our meal. We stayed in our jammies all day and played with all the toys.

I can't say the same for this year. We are going to travel and visit family and it is always stressful. Plus my oldest first school experience there has been a lot of holiday stuff to do with that. Also being pregnant I am very hormonal so things seem ten times worse than they really are.

I am with you on the moment to just breathe and be thankful for what we have.

Can't until the holidays are over either!

Danielle Bronson said...

I feel you Kari. Christmas is coming way too fast. I have to make cookies too. And shop and wrap...Ahhh

Drewpy Drew said...

Kari, take a deep breath and watch the Charlie Brown Christmas Special. With your family if possible.

Remember to separate important from urgent. You need to do very little. You want to do a lot.

Christmas will happen whether or not you have lights on your house, a big feast, presents under the tree, or even a tree. (I did not mean this to sound like the Grinch, but the story is right on.)

Enjoy time with your family and friends. Including your blogger friends. :) If some stuff doesn't get done, that's OK. The best things in life aren't things.

I hope I wasn't too preachy here. I've just been hearing so much about people being stressed out and it made me a little sad.

I haven't done half of my shopping yet and I'm totally cool. Fat, dumb, and happy.

Let's all try to keep the merry in merry Christmas.

May God bless and keep you and give you tons of joy.

Peace out. :)

Anonymous said...

One day at a time...one day at a time.

Hang in there hon, it's almost here:)

Anonymous said...

I am so trying not to stress so much this year. Every year I get so focused on what needs to be done that I lose sight of the entire holiday, and then it's over. I'm trying, I'm really trying...

Writing is hit or miss for me too, but how great that you have an idea for your new book!

Anonymous said...

I am so trying not to stress so much this year. Every year I get so focused on what needs to be done that I lose sight of the entire holiday, and then it's over. I'm trying, I'm really trying...

Writing is hit or miss for me too, but how great that you have an idea for your new book!

Anonymous said...

I am so trying not to stress so much this year. Every year I get so focused on what needs to be done that I lose sight of the entire holiday, and then it's over. I'm trying, I'm really trying...

Writing is hit or miss for me too, but how great that you have an idea for your new book!

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo trying not to get stressed this year. I usually get obsessed over all the little things that need to get done, and the holiday just passes me by. My goal is not to miss it this year!

Congrats on coming up with an idea for your next book!

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo trying not to get stressed this year. I usually get obsessed over all the little things that need to get done, and the holiday just passes me by. My goal is not to miss it this year!

Congrats on coming up with an idea for your next book!

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo trying not to get stressed this year. I usually get obsessed over all the little things that need to get done, and the holiday just passes me by. My goal is not to miss it this year!

Congrats on coming up with an idea for your next book!

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo trying not to get stressed this year. I usually get obsessed over all the little things that need to get done, and the holiday just passes me by. My goal is not to miss it this year!

Congrats on coming up with an idea for your next book!

Anonymous said...

Good grief! So sorry about the multi-posts...don't know what happened!

Anonymous said...

So sorry! Don't know what happened!

Anonymous said...

So sorry! Don't know what happened!

Anonymous said...

So sorry! Don't know what happened!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you need a vacation from your holiday. Just relaaax, take a deep breath, and have some spiked eggnog.

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Thanks Drew, you didn't sound preachy at all. And spiked eggnog sounds great, Dorky Dad. And thank Annoyed, Cub Mommy, Patricia, and Trish. I see some of you are feeling what I am.

But, Alyssa, I actually laughed out loud over that Blogger fart! Thanks for making me smile. Gotta love blogger.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I cannot wait till Jan. 1 when I can attempt my resolutions--No. 1 being write that second book.

I feel ya sister! I feel ya! And I've got a sinus headache to add to the stress... and about 60 gifts that need to be wrapped.

Hurry up Jan. 1! So, I guess I want things fast-forwarded, but paused during the good parts!

Happy Holidays!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Oh! And when I saw you had 21 comments, I was a little jealous! Looks like alyssa hit the repeat button! LOL.

Frannie Farmer said...

ctrl C, ctrl V. (Copy, Paste)
You could have been reading my mind in writing this, I am so overwhelmed and far behind. I can not wait until January 2nd.
Blogging? I would so like to, I think about it - probably too much - but it just isn't happening!
Whew. Thanks for the post!

xxxx said...

I can't wait until the holidays are over, either ... it's totally sad.

Kari Lee Townsend said...

YOU got excited, Manic??? You should have seen me....holy cow, that many people love me....oh, wait, just Alyssa does;))) Actually, it cracked me up and made me smile for the first time in a while. But since then, I've slowed down some and just relaxed. So thanks, Alyssa;))

thewriterslife said...

I'm with ya, girlfriend. I still am not ready. I have lists that I lose and those mental notes?...they've vanished. It's crazy around here. Next year, I think we're going to break down and rent a cabin in the Smokies and only have to buy one gift!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Just stopping by some of my fave blogs to say Merry Christmas!