Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Update....yeah, yeah, I know. It's about damn time!

Okay, so this summer has been one of my busiest summers ever. I have to figure out something different for next year. Having four kids home between the ages of 4 and 13 is not fun!!! The young ones will still "play" but all their friends are over and it's total chaos. Forget getting anything done. And the older ones are bored because they want to go "do" things, but they are too young to do them alone, and I am NOT running all summer just to make them happy. So, I repeat....I love my kids, but this summer was not fun!!!

We also had lacrosse all of July and then football all of August, as well as a million family parties from both our sides. I barely kept up with critiques and my own writing, but something had to give, and unfortunately, it was blogging. I hope to be back on track once they start school.....4 more days and counting!!!

On another note about my 4 book series. I specifically targeted it to H/S NEXT, but that editor said it was too farcical for their tastes. However, NAL said they really loved the story idea and my voice, but it felt too category. Gee, go figure;)) So anyway, NAL wants to see it again after I revise it to make it have a "bigger" feel. I had started on book two, which she also wants to see as soon as it's done, but I'm the type of person who can't move forward until I fix the other one. So I just bought three NAL books to analyze and then I'm going to expand on my plot to make it a bit more complex and amp up the writing to make it richer and more single title ish. The story will still stay the same, it will just be richer and bigger......I hope;)) Those are the only two houses we've heard from, and have only targeted one other, but I really would love to work with this editor....so I'm hoping since she loves the idea and my voice, that I can pull off these revisions. Then I'll know exactly what I have to do for the other 3 books. So that's what I'll be up to next week. I'm shooting to have it done in a month, so I'll keep you all posted.

In the meantime, this is what else I've been up to:

I saw this card and immediately thought of the Fly Girls, so I bought it and sent it to them all. I wrote on the card what the inside said....Note to self: Less tequila....then I scanned it to add to my blog and website. It's just too cute.



The other big event this summer was our very own Danielle Bronson's first book signing. It was at a Borders no less for her first book Love Game. Very, very cool. It was amazing to hold her book in my hands. She is such a talented author, you all have to buy her book.


Here's Danielle by her sign and table in Borders. And I love that they put her right up front by the door.


Isn't she cuuuuuuuute!!!!!!!!!


Look.....she's signing my copy! I feel so special. Hee, hee, you rock, Danielle.




And, um, yeah......Mom, close your eyes. We are romance writers, after all;)))





Okay, there's me, Danielle and our very own Barbara Witek (aka Barbie Jo Bogart)



And yay, the last Fly Girl made it!!! Ms. Jennifer Talty herself. Now we are complete.




Gotta love the Fly Girls. What would I do without them?



And that's it. And by the way, yikes. I gained 6 pounds back out of the 23 I lost. Not too bad considering going to the gym with the gang home was NOT a possibility and I think I ate and drank everything in sight all summer, but bad enough. Definitely time to get back on track in all areas of my life.
Can't wait to pop in to all your blogs again and see what you've all been up to.
Karitown out;))







5 comments:

Lexi said...

Yay, you're back! I hope you get the revisions done the way you want to so you can work with that editor. Good luck!

Unknown said...

What a great picture of you all at the book signing. It is fantastic to have such a great support system. Congrats to Danielle.

BTW "The Fly Girls" postcard is to cute.

Rayna Vause said...

Hey Kari!

Sounds like you had a crazy summer. But now school is back in woohoo!! Hopefully you'll get some time for yourself now.

Congratulations to fellow Rose Danielle on her first signing!

March2theSea said...

hey hey..welcome back!

TTQ said...

Busy Busy Busy! Glad you popped back to say hi!