Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Latest!

Whew! I'm back again. I've been busy writing a new proposal (a synopsis and 60 pages) for a YA fantasy. My agent loves it and has sent it out to only two editors, but one already loves the concept and is going to read it this weekend. I really hope to hear something next week or the week after at the latest. My chick lit mystery proposal is out to several, and I'm still awaiting word on that as well.

I've learned you can't control what happens in this industry, and you can't hurry the process along, no matter how much you want to, so why stress over it. The best advice is to keep writing and keep submitting new proposals while you wait. You just never know what project might be "the one," but I truly believe if you never give up, then it will happen for us all. And, hey, I'm having a ball with all these new stories;))

Meanwhile, I'm headed to the Ohio Romance Writer's chapter conference this weekend, and it should be a blast. Some fellow Book Cents clients will be there, as well as my agent. I can't wait to see everyone again, and I'll be posting pictures when I get back. I only wish I could go to nationals in San Francisco to cheer for fellow Book Cents Babe, Amanda Brice, since she finaled in the Golden Heart with her YA time travel. If any of you are there, say hi for me;) Sigh. I will definitely go to next year's nationals in DC!

In the meantime, have a good one, folks, and keep writing!

2 comments:

Trish Ryan said...

So cool...it's fun to hear what everyone is up to, writing-wise. And if the Nationals are in DC next summer, sign me up!!!

Lexi said...

I'm not going to San Francisco either, but I CANNOT WAIT for DC!