Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Guilt is Good!!

Went to dinner with my hubby last night. We were supposed to go to dinner with his boss and boss's wife, but they had to cancel at the last minute. But cool bossman said, "Take the wife out and put it on the company tab." He must have felt guilty. Guilt is a good thing;)))

So anyway, we went to a Thai restaurant downtown. Very cool place, and the food was great. It was soooooo nice being out on a date completly alone with hubby. We go out a lot, actually, and always have a blast, but it's always with other people. It's been ages since it's just been us. Although if you ask hubby, it wasn't just us. "The Writer" was with us too. Can't seem to get rid of the writer no matter what I do.

Writer's are a strange breed, I admit it.

There was this couple next to us (He looked just like Ashton Kutcher and she was a young pretty, little thing). Right behind them were two women, okay girls, they all looked like they were barely out of diapers, for crying out loud (yes, I still felt old after the ma'am thing;)) Anyway, Ashton's date gets up and goes to the bathroom, and as soon as she leaves, the two young things behind him are all giggles and grins and batting eye lashes as they stared at him. I'm taking it all in.

My hubby says: "What ... are you doing?"
Me: "Nothin'."
Hubby: "Yeah, right. You haven't heard half of what I just said. You're "people" watching again, aren't you." He knows me so well. I can't go anywhere without watching people react to each other, listen to their conversations, study body language and descriptions. Like I said, writers are a strange breed;))
Me: "Okay, okay, I was just watching those girls go gaga over that guy."
Hubby looks over his shoulder: "Well, they can't help themselves, because they're looking at me."
Me: "Honey, I am looking at you. They, on the other hand, are not."
Hubby: "You can't handle the truth." Yes, people, he's quoting movies again. (A Few Good Men with Jack Nickolson)
To which I replied: "And apparently, you can't SEE the truth. But don't worry, you had me at hello. Let's go, Jerry." (Jerry McGuire with Tom Cruise.)

Not that Tom is my type since he got all weird, more like Matthew MaConnaughey, but I still love that line. You had me at hello! Hey, whatever works.

Trust me, I felt a whole lot younger this morning;))

.

14 comments:

Angel said...

How cute is that?! I bet you DID feel younger this morning!!! A good date nite can do that for ya.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha what Beth said!

Dates are great for feeling like you did when you were first in love and dating.

And that Tom Cruise thing? Yeah he has not aged well.

Drewpy Drew said...

The problem with being a writer is that you are never not a writer. I have gotten in trouble because I wrote a song on a church bulletin instead of listening to the sermon. I just had to get it out.

The really weird part is that I married a teacher. Teachers are always teachers.

When we go on vacation, she is always looking in the shops and saying "I could really use this in my class."

I guess that means that we are right for each other.

Peace out.

Gwyneth Bolton said...

I love quoting movie lines and those are two of my favorites.

And Beth... I agree. I bet she was feeling mighty pretty young this morning!

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Oh and I'm always people watching too... but I thought it was just because I'm nosey as all get out. Now, I'll start calling it research. :-)

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Nosy as all getout. Love that Gwen. And calling it research sounds good to me;))

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Ha, totally know what you mean about the people watching. Writers are like men with sports. If we're out to eat somewhere and there's a game on the TV over my head, hubby ignores me.

We went out for Sushi last night, but not just the two of us ... there were ten of us, and three appletinis and one cosmo.

I think I may have to blog about how I tore off the headlight of my minivan this a.m. Not good.

OH, and my friend won at an auction the chance to go to Los Angeles for Matthew Mc new movie premiere AND THE AFTER-PARTY!!! I told her to call me from there!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Oh, and in reference to Drew's comment up there:

The problem with being a writer is that you are never not a writer. ...


For me, it's "The problem with being a model is that I'm never not a model." ahahhahahaahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHH! If you saw what I looked like right now, you'd fall on the floor and laugh your freakin' asses off folks. Seriously. My son today asked me, "Mom, why are you trying to look Goth."

Crap. He's nine. I didn't have the heart to tell him I'm wearing all black cuz it makes me feel less fat.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Oh, and one more thing. Who knows what movie this line is from?

"Dan, I won't be ignored!?"

JT said...

"Dan, I won't be ignored." Well that one is easy for me, Glenn Close says it in.....

FATAL ATTRACTION! Great movie.

Anonymous said...

What is it with the Ma'am thing? Here we all call everyone Ma'am, in the South. I say Yes Ma'am if the lady at McDonald's asks me if I need BBQ sauce with the kids' Happy Meals.

Anyway, I people watch too, and used to carry on complete conversations with friends about my characters!

Poor friends.

Trish Ryan said...

My husband catches me people watching all the time. "It's research!" I tell him. "But you're writing a memoir..." he reminds me gently.

I have no answer for that, except that watching other people's weirdness somehow makes me a better me :)

The Dummy said...

Cute story. You two go together like a wink and a smile. ;)

thewriterslife said...

Hi Kari, haven't been over here for awhile and wanted to stop by and say hi. I do a lot of people watching, too! Be sure to carry a notebook, though, even though hubby will think you're out of your mind!