Okay, I don't know why I'm having such trouble with this, maybe it's because I'm not as weird as I thought;) Oh well, here goes.
6 Weird Things About Me!!
1) I've struggled all my life with biting my fingernails. I go through spells. Let them grow, bite them off. It drives my husband nuts. I've even used pepper or nasty tasting stuff, but it only works temporarily. I should just have nails put on at a salon, then I wouldn't have to worry about it. Those suckers are too hard to bite, but I'm so stubborn, I'm determined to succeed. Don't know what makes me think I can after 38 years of trying.
2) I color coordinate my closet and my underwear and sock drawer. Funny because I don't have to be wearing matching bra and underwear, yet they have to be folded that way and put in my drawer that way. And if I want to wear a blue shirt, then I want all the blue shirts I own to be hung up together, that way I don't have to hunt for which one I want. Does that mean I have OCD?
3) I can't stand for the pillows on my couch to be out of place. They have to be at the exact angle and in the corners perfectly. Same with the towels hanging in the bathroom. I'm constantly going in after people and refolding them, then hanging them back up. Really funny since I am not a clean freak. I am a neat freak, as in my house is always picked up, but that doesn't mean it's clean;))) I must have OCD.
4) I've been married for almost 18 years and I still can't cook. I can follow a recipe but whether it comes out or not is anyone's guess. So I keep it simple, which means boring. It would help if I actually liked to cook, and my husband and kids would sure be a lot happier. And I can't stand the mess to clean up when I'm done, so I clean as I go, then I have a lot less of a mess to clean up when I'm done. Maybe I don't like to cook because I'm just lazy and it takes too much effort? Hmmm, nope, it's not that. I'll spend loads of energy doing something I enjoy, I just don't enjoy cooking. Plain and simple.
5) I'm deathly afraid of mice. I can look at or even touch a snake or bugs, but I can't even glance at a mouse. In our first house I went so far as to barricade myself in our bedroom and stuff a towel under our door until the stupid mouse was caught. And then I wouldn't come out of the room until it was disposed of. I can't even look at a dead mouse. I must have been traumatized by one as a kid. I could never do Fear Factor, I'll tell you that.
6) I can't eat any kind of seafood. I mean none. So it's not the taste, it's the thought and the texture. I can't look at it, smell it, cook it, even taste it. Again, it drives my husband nuts, because he and my kids all like fish. Another trauma, I guess. Funny, my sister and brother are the same way. Gee, mom, what did you do to us;)))) Just kidding.
Okay, that's it. Now I tag Jen-T at http://jen-t.blogspot.com , Barbie W at http://irishbarbie.blogspot.com , Patty Cakes at http://patriciahock.blogspot.com , Drew at http://drews-muse.blogspot.com , Manic at http://manicmommy.blogspot.com , and Amanda Brice at http://amandabrice.blogspot.com.