Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Good night, or should I say good morning?

Dead is what I am right now. Two nights in a row without sleep is taking its toll.

So last night I went to bed at 9 since I'd only gotten two hours of sleep the night before. But....I couldn't fall asleep. I think it was around 11 before I finally dozed off, only to have child number 3 wake up at 2am. because he couldn't sleep!!!

What the &*#@ is going on?

They've all slept fine all summer long, but now that school is back, they develop a sudden case of insomnia? Anyway I got him back to sleep, but then I couldn't fall asleep. So at 3:30 I gave up and got up. It's now 6:17. I did manage to rewrite a chapter and figure out where I'm going with the next one on my WIP.

The problem is.....now, I'm tired. I think I could actually go back to sleep, but the alarm will go off at 7. What the hell, at least it's 40 minutes or so.

Good night.

8 comments:

JT said...

Welcome to my world - although it's not the kids not sleeping and keeping me awake - its me. I'm sure your kids are just going through a faze right now. Remember me complaining about Conor not sleeping - waking up all night? Waking early? Nightmares? All his worries came out in his inability to sleep. He got over it. They say that when boys start to change, it affects their sleep too. This too shall pass.

I got maybe 2 hours of sleep last night, so I'm right there with you.

Kari Lee Townsend said...

God knows what I wrote. I cannot function on lack of sleep!!!!!

Talk about bitchy. My husband took one look at me and said, "Okay, then." Then he walked out the door.

Yeah, it's gonna be one of those days!!

Trish Ryan said...

Hang in there! The good news is, some of us write our best stuff when semi-conscious and wishing we were in bed. You're suffering for your art :) This will make a good story for all those interviews when they ask you, "What was your writing routine while working on this book?"

Kari Lee Townsend said...

You're probably right, Trish. This will end up being the book that sells and I won't remember writing half of it.

xxxx said...

I'm a total insomniac too. At least you're writing and not watching Grey's Anatomy clips in a daze like I am :)

Lexi said...

Good luck getting through the family bouts of insomnia. If nothing else, you'll HAVE to sleep at some point. Although, I'm sure you'd like it to be sooner rather than later!

JT said...

Hey Kari - I bet you're just getting up! Well, I ended up on the phone last night with a friend who lives in NC and we talked till midnight, didn't go to sleep till 1:30 and got up at 5:30. I'm now on night three. Yeah, I'm unbalanced.

I'll check back later.

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Nice picture, Jen. That's a new one. What happened to the other one? Thanks everyone. I finally, finally slept last night!!